Saturday, March 21, 2009

Why I Don't Like Ryan Leslie's CD




If you know me personally, you know I ADORE Ryan Leslie. While in his presence at the Music Conference brunch I was speechless. Mind you I went up 2 Oscar award winning Jamie Foxx and we CHOPPED IT UP! But when I was around R. Les the words couldn't come out. I was totally speechless.
I tell that story to prove that what I'm about to say is NOT hating. I respect Ryan Leslie as an artist and an entrepreneur, but I didn't feel his CD.

I've been rocking out wit R. Les since last summer so when I got his CD I was hurt. Don't get me wrong his CD isn't bad, but as a fan of Ryan Leslie I was expecting the type of songs that were on the playlist below. When I hear "Promise Not To Call" I can relate cause I've been there. "R U Coming Back" made me want to help Ryan find his girl. When I first heard "Lay U Down" I wanted to make love, but I'm abstinent so that couldn't happen lol. Do you get what I'm saying? You hear a song and you're deeply connected to the lyrics! That's what I expected to feel when I brought Ryan Leslies CD and I didn't feel that way =( which is why I'm not a big fan of his latest LP. But I still admire is work ethic and music skills. I'm NOT hating I'm just saying I didn't feel connected to the CD. I hate to say it but it seemed like a formula and my heart didn't feel connected to the formula.

Below are some of the songs in my i-pod from Ryan Leslie. ENJOY!

3 comments:

  1. i got that same feelin about the CD
    i didnt catch onto it like i thought i would

    but yup RLES is a great artist

    ReplyDelete
  2. I thought I was in a team all my own. Every1 was raving about how hot it was n I'm thinking you must have NEVER listened to Ryan Leslie b4 lol.

    ReplyDelete
  3. damn i feel like a loser for liking it now.
    haha.
    very good points
    i do find myself attracted to the simple music now a days,well not so simple like stanky leg or soulja boy but a simple love song is going a long way with me.
    lol

    ReplyDelete